Akademy coordination: Plasma frenzy, BoF, Tokamak II

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Aug 3 20:00:30 CEST 2008

hey all =)

for those attending akademy, we need to coordinate a bit here.

Plasma Frenzy
=========
first up is the Plasma Frenzy, which is an hour of lightening talks on Plasma
stuff. that means people (you =) getting up for (literaly) 5 minutes or less
and presenting some cool / interesting / awesome / bizarre / twisted feature
in Plasma.

this will happen at the end of the first day. personally, i'd really like to
see at least the following topics presented:

* Extenders
* notify plasmoid
* kuiserver plasmoid
* plasma-on-screensaver
* now playing (to show Service! =)

some others that came to mind:

* widget API design concepts
* scripting status update
* plasmagik update
* using QGraphicProxyWidget (e.g. Calendar and Character Selector applets)
* using PopupApplet

the JOLIE stuff has its own talk, so i don't think we need to do that one
unless we end up pressed for material.

so we need volunteers (you =) to talk about what you're doing. i'll leave my
laptop connected to the projector the whole time and you can show your stuff
using it (i'll be sure to have everything updated and well functioning). all
you need to do is come up with 3-5 minutes of stuff to say and what you want to
show on the screen.

BoF
===

i'd like to host a BoF for Plasma on one of the days. it would be mostly for
us and people who aren't in the Plasma core team to come together. i don't
have any info on BoF stuff though; i asked the coordination team and they just
said that info would be coming soon, but nothing else.

Tokamak Area
=========

i'd also like to lay claim to an area in the Akademy grounds that we can use
for a "Tokamak Area". i'll hang out in there as much as possible (e.g. when
i'm not speaking at the usability session or attending the maemo workshop) and
be working on plasma stuff. you are all welcome to join and Make Great Things
Happen just like at Tokamak I.

ideas for what to do are welcome. getting some API review in might be a good
idea, as would a good 4.2 planning session.

ok, that's all for now. see you all at Akademy! =)

humru othro a kohnu se