New comic for comic plasmoid

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Aug 3 18:34:48 CEST 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008, Mathias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already sent this mail to panel-devel a week ago, but yesterday I
> was told that panel-devel moved to plasma devel. Nice try, but you can't
> hide ;)

;)

> I'm a big fan of the comic at sinfest.net and therefore I added it to the
> comic plasmoid. I thought there might be others who also would enjoy this
> comic.
>
> I wrote the author an e-mail and asked for permission to include it into
> KDE. I didn't get any response until now. What is the policy for adding
> comics to the comic plasmoid? Do I actually need the permission for
> inclusion?

it just needs to not violate any terms and agreements that the comic site puts
forth (aka "don't violate their license").

on the sinfest site it says:

"No duplication, reproduction, or reprinting of Sinfest strips and/or related
characters allowed without written permission from the author/publisher"

whether or not the comic plasmoid fits into the category of reproduction or
reprinting is a good question =) it's usually best to just pop them an email,
ask permission and let them know what we're doing (and that we're doing it for
free, with no money being made or wanting to be made). if they say, "hell ya!"
then we pop that email permission into svn (to cover our butts) and add this
comic.

humru othro a kohnu se