kickoff mockup

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Aug 3 17:03:38 CEST 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008 17:20:50 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Saturday 02 August 2008, Davide Bettio wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday night I was playing with inkscape and I tried to draw a kickoff
> > mockup: http://www.uninstall.it/kickoff_mockup.png
> >
> > Do you like it?
> > Any opinion?

Nice :) Makes kickoff integrate much better with the rest of the Plasma theme.

> I like it, i think it looks much better than now
> the only issue having the plasma border would be that it would have a
> margin so item could be no longer activated when the mouse cursor is at the
> edge of the screen, but probably with some code gymnick can be overcomed
> (or maybe not drawing the left border when the menu is at the left?)

I'd even say not drawing left and bottom border (and position it directly on
top of the contentsRect of the kickoff button (so there's not space between
panel and menu making kickoff grow out of the panel, rather than tacked on top
of it).

> btw i think it's definitely an impreovement

/me too. :)
--
sebas