kickoff mockup

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 02:19:53 CEST 2008

H Davide,

The mockup you posted is pretty much how I imagined Kickoff should look - ie.
themed to match the rest of the desktop.

> But, I have crashing feelings... I know this is pretty offtopic, but I always
> thought kickoff was a 'temporary replacement' for raptor.

That was nine months ago.  I think that at the time I did pitch
Kickoff as an intermediate solution
to avoid offending people involved with other projects but I hope the
code itself gives the
impression of being a solid base to build on.

> Plasma: The Choice Is Yours (TM).

For a significant majority of users, the default is the only one which
matters.  It needs to look good, be intuitive and
work well out of the box.  The usual arguments about the paradox of
choice apply.

Regards,
Robert.