[GSoC] Capture API Project

Casian Andrei skeletk13 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 13:21:01 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am Casian Andrei from Bucharest Polytechnic University and I'm a SoC
student working on the project "High-level Capture API for Phonon", from
VLC.

The goal of this project is to enable Phonon applications to access and
display input devices, like webcams. The Phonon code-base is well designed
and flexible, and apparently no major modifications are needed to the
current API. The ease of use for the Phonon application developer is a
priority. Features implemented in Phonon will be implemented in the
Phonon-VLC back-end in parallel. Various device classes should be supported.

The project's wiki page is here:
http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2010_Phonon_Capture_API

I hope I will do a good job for Phonon.

Best regards,