[Bugsquad] Phonon bug-day

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Sat Oct 17 20:42:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,

2009/10/17 Darío Andrés <andresbajotierra at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Martin Sandsmark
> <sandsmark at samfundet.no> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>

> Hey :)
>
>> As the number of Phonon bugs seems to be growing quite uncontrollably, with
>> quite a lot of duplicates and invalid bugs, and I think we need some help with
>> weeding them out. :-)
>>

> Well.. a lot of KDE products are increasing their bug report count..
> The problem is that Phonon crashes are sometimes nasty
> (multithreading, XIOErrors, different conditions and unclear
> testcases) so they are more "painful" to triage (and I guess that also
> applies to "fixing them")

Yes, the problem is that quite a few of these bugs are just reassigned
from other applications, and since the overview has got lost quite a
bit lately it has become close to impossible to find it's way through
all those dupes. So only cleaning out dupes would be already a huge
improvement.

FYI, the bug count of phonon bugs has gone from an average 50 to over
180 in a few months... and I am pretty sure that cleaning out those
duplicate reports would reduce the number drastically.

I made a query for phonon bugs some time ago you can find here:

http://tinyurl.com/phononbugs

This does not include the wishes.

And I would be glad to give a hand in this task :)

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org