[Phonon-Mplayer] No video shown when using with QGraphicsProxyWidget

Fathi Boudra fabo at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 11:40:22 CEST 2009

> Call it whatever you want,

As I said: a FUD and false.

> our first discussion took place the 10th of August.
> I sent you another mail on the 30th of September asking what was going
> on and got no reply.
> Your last commit was the 25th of July.
> Sorry about that but Lukas did the same so I'm kind of suspicious now.

So what ? I didn't have commited to phonon-vlc since 2 months and you
states that I disappeared.
A bit premature in my opinion.

> Same for me and most of the people here.
> If you don't have the time then just "let" me commit, specially
> considering I wrote a good amount of code.

I don't have the time right now doesn't mean I orphaned the VLC phonon backend.
With regard to your patch, as we discussed it, I'm not convinced by
using vlc_symbols as you have done in mplayer backend.
Simply, I don't want to reuse Qt openssl mess/trick/ call it as you
want. To summarize: no, don't commit this patch.