[Phonon-Mplayer] No video shown when using with QGraphicsProxyWidget

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:47:33 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Fathi Boudra <fabo at kde.org> wrote:
> So what ? I didn't have commited to phonon-vlc since 2 months and you
> states that I disappeared.
> A bit premature in my opinion.

Then reply to me, it costs 10 secs to say "sorry I don't have time".
If you don't reply to my mails and don't commit anymore then what
better term than "no life signs"? It's not like I can see you everyday
(btw I live in Paris 15th, where do you live? maybe we can meet)

Anyway it's cool I prefer you to be there since I don't have time for this.

> With regard to your patch, as we discussed it

"as we discussed" ? well "we start" to discuss but never end IHMO.

> I'm not convinced by
> using vlc_symbols as you have done in mplayer backend.
> Simply, I don't want to reuse Qt openssl mess/trick/ call it as you
> want. To summarize: no, don't commit this patch.

The MPlayer backend definitely don't do that and Qt OpenSSL way to do
is not a "mess".
This simply let me think that you didn't understand the whole point of
this (also consider the discussion from a Windows point of vue).

I might be wrong about this patch, that's why I wanted to discuss it with you.
But just saying "I don't want" is not a clean argument to make the right choice.
So please re-read your emails, understand what it is all about and
reply with proper arguments.
If you are not sure, we can make this discussion public and get the
opinions of other people if any.

--
Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24