[Parley-devel] A pair of ideas...

Massimo Lo Iacono massimol at inventati.org
Thu Feb 17 15:00:47 CET 2011

For my personal use I wish implement these two functionalities:

- an "Type of Question" option with these possibilities:

     ° only text
     ° only sound
     ° both

  to permit exercises with only sound recognition of the word.
  This refere only with the possibility to listen the sound at
  the start of practice and not influence the presence of button
  of sound.
  Now exist an "sound" option but appears not working.

- an "use of Espeak" option (or other analogous word synthesizer
  system):

     ° Use of Espeak
       ° only if not exist the sound file

  to permit exercises with sound also when audio files are not
  available.
  I am conscious that natural sound of words is better than
  synthesized but when the first is missing, the second can
  be useful specially if the synthesizer machine is of good
  quality.
  This can also permits listen of sound joint with
  ExampleSentences practices.

  Because I'm not an experienced QT/KDE programmer, I ask if
  exist a QT/KDE manner to execute an external program in a
  QT/KDE program. Thanks for help.

What you think about?

Massimo Lo Iacono