[Parley-devel] problems with copy and paste collections together

Daniel Laidig laidig at kde.org
Fri Apr 16 16:24:17 CEST 2010

On Friday 16 April 2010 03:59:12 Juergen :-) wrote:
> Although Parley allow to train in both directions (example
> English-Spanish --> Spanish-English) the vocabularies in the columns are
> fixed and can't be changed. Pls confirm if that is right.

Yes, as far as I know there is no GUI for that at the moment (and implementing
it could have some side-effects, so it's probably not quite trivial).

> It would be good in terms on "fusing" language files to be able to use
> those which where started with English as the base language and Spanish
> the desired language to learn and those started with Spanish and English
> as the language to learn. I tried to copy and paste the vocabularies of
> a Spanish-English file into my English Spanish file with the result that
> the English words get into the Spanish column and the Spanish word into
> my English column. This is a pity as one could easy build bigger
> vocabulary files just by copying :-)
>
> Is there a work around for this?

Hmm, copying the content to a spread sheet application and changing the order
there could work -- at least that used to work some time ago. Or you can
manually edit the file with a text editor like Ben said.

It would be cool for Parley to auto-detect the language when copying/pasting,
but there are a lot of more important issues in copy/paste, so this is not
likely in the near future.

Cheers!
Daniel