Creative direction of plasma

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu May 29 12:02:04 CEST 2008

A Thursday 29 May 2008 09:05:53, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2008, pinheiro wrote:
> > http://nuno-icons.com//images/estilo/imagefolders2.png
>
> interesting stuff =)
>
> without getting into fidly implementation details (e.g. the 'x' close
> button at the bottom i assume is the collapse button? if so, it should
> probably not be an 'x'...), there's some interesting stuff to discuss here:

yes exactly x is not the best visual element, i was thinking that after a
colapsed mode was degined we could get back to it since we ould know how it
would become...
> * the top panel area with the control icons
>
> i've often considered how to let applets show little "toolbars" like this
> in a standard way. perhaps we could extend the window decorations (once
> they are in svn) to allow applets to register actions that show up in a
> specific area (such as in the mockup)
>
> * the tools provided
>
> in this case, less is more; do we need the magnifier? are two buttons for
> listing modes needed or wanted? i wonder if one toggling icon (betwee list
> and icons) would be Good Enough(tm)
yeah it was a rough frist version, visuay wise 3 is beter than 2 but we should
decide wich 3 depending on each case and one of those 3 can be a logo icon or
somthing else.... the problem is that to look like a tool bar, somthing a
user will recognize. its needs a minimum number of items, so yeah we can work
on those alot.
> * modes
>
> the image mode really strikes me as what the image frame applet should do?
>
> * folder name: we really ought to have the name of the folder somewhere for
> the user to be able to see where it is they looking at?
ups! yeah, yeah, yeah, completly. /me stupid

--

core oxygen icon designer