Creative direction of plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 29 10:52:14 CEST 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> And actually that made me wonder at which point we should evaluate kpart

kparts are really not very useful for us here. they define large numbers of
actions, are not designed from a scalability perspective, etc. the folderview
is an odd duck i that it is very similar to the file manager, but using the
file manager kpart would actually probaly get us back closer to the root
problem with traditional desktops: they try and be a traditional file manager
in a space that just isn't appropriate for that. =)