Creative direction of plasma

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu May 29 11:22:54 CEST 2008

Le Thursday 29 May 2008, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> kparts are really not very useful for us here. they define large numbers of
> actions,

Well, obviously the idea would be to reuse only the kpart widget, not the
humongous amount of actions attached to it. That's perfecly hiddeable I
think.

> are not designed from a scalability perspective, etc.

Not fully sure what you mean here. In particular in the "etc." part. ;-)

> the
> folderview is an odd duck i that it is very similar to the file manager,
> but using the file manager kpart would actually probaly get us back closer
> to the root problem with traditional desktops: they try and be a
> traditional file manager in a space that just isn't appropriate for that.
> =)

Actually that's kind of the scary thing about pinheiro's mockup... It almost
looks like a dolphin with no sidebar and no menubar right now[*]. :-)

Regards.

[*] Dolphins have a sidebar and a menubar now? You really can't trust those
extra terrestrial creatures which smile all the time.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."