Creative direction of plasma

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Tue May 27 20:45:47 CEST 2008

A Tuesday 27 May 2008 18:19:35, Robert Knight escreveu:
> Hi Nuno,
>
> Thanks for the mockup.  It is interesting but I really think that the
> process of making a complete mockup and then implementing/discussing it
> has not been the best approach because there is a lot going on in that
> one screenshot.
>
> For example, things to discuss in that mockup include:
>
> 1. The functions to be provided by the folder view
> 2. The layout of the folder view, including
> 	- The layout of icons in the main view section
> 	- The title
> 	- The available controls and how they work from a function pooint of
> view
> 3. Colour scheme
> 4. Visual effects and aesthetic
>
> (1) and (2) are the most important aspects to get right and this is
> something which needs input from UI designers and users.  They are not
> as subjective as (3) and (4) which as you rightly say, everyone will
> have their own strong opinion on.  We can clearly reason about who is
> going to use the applet, how we expect them to use it and what they
> should be able to do with it.  From those requirements a suitable layout
> can be designed, taking your input on aesthetics into account.  The list
> of requirements in (1) is a textual-description and the layout can be
> described using a really rough and simple black and white 'wireframe'
> with no colours, gradients or other distracting effects.
>
> In your mockup you have done all of steps (1-4) above.  If there is a
> problem with the basic requirements and features of the applet or the
> layout then that wastes your effort afterwards.  Since you have
> presented a complete layout it is difficult to now discuss any changes
> to it.  It looks like a "completed" concept in which you have invested a
> lot of your own free time and I can quite see that you would not want
> anyone to insist on major changes to it.
>
> So what I really want to see happen is more collaboration on those first
> two points to try to find an agreement on (1) and (2).  The developers
> and artists can then work in parallel to implement it and I hope with
> much less friction between the two parties.
>
> Regards,
> Robert.

 naaaaaaa
i dont mind discussing it at all any one that knows me knows that please, hack
paint on top of it draw it your hown way etc etc etc.
Its very hard for me to  not do it like this... fristly couse  doing it like
this I debug alot of future ui problems.
secondly its how my mind works.
so strt painting on top of it if you will.
we can discusse 1 2 3 and 4 on top of this if you wish.
the other problem is that what you porpose is somthing i realy dont belive in.
Talking with unfurtunatly alot of experience on the subject, "design by
comitie" is the path tha usuly takes longuer and deliveres worst results.
In reality i heven prefer that you guys do 1 and 2 and then I step up. and do
my thing. Its the way i do it in real life work in this area.
So if you will take this as a start point  for your 1 and 2 and then call me
back on that. I dont mind if you redefine 1 and 2 totaly. This was just my 2
cetns and 2 mocks on the subject.

--

core oxygen icon designer