Creative direction of plasma

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Tue May 27 21:12:20 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 19:19:35 Robert Knight wrote:
> Hi Nuno,
>
> Thanks for the mockup.  It is interesting but I really think that the
> process of making a complete mockup and then implementing/discussing
> it has not been the best approach because there is a lot going on in
> that one screenshot.

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure you followed the whole discussion, so I'll reiterate here,
why I think, it was great of Nuno to share this idea, visual or
otherwise, with us.

The original diagnosis of the problem was, that plasma somehow lacked
creative direction. My idea therefore was to start a discussion on that
topic and Nuno promptly jumped up to help out here, providing us with
something tangible to discuss.

The immediate result of this discussion, at least as I foresee it, is
surely not ideas for new plasmoids or other pieces of software. The
result that I envision is, that many people engage in or at least
follow this discussion, and we can together form some kind of vision
and direction for plasma, that subsequently disseminates thoroughly
into the community as a whole.

The idea is more like an interactive form of the "Recommended Reading"
page (did anyone even have a look at it?), where we can deepen the
understanding of the more abstract concepts involved in designing great
things.

So contrary to what Robert said, I'd like to invite everyone again, to
join us here and discuss Nuno's mockups and also other ideas.

michael