Bug triaging

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Sun May 25 23:50:13 CEST 2008

On Sunday 25 May 2008 16:18:09 Jason Stubbs wrote:
> I'm planning to go through again to get rid of the dupes and useless
> crashes, but what to do with the 4.0 bugs? Should they be closed? Could a
> new version be created against the plasma component so that they can be
> easily closed after 4.1 is released? Something else I haven't considered?

I'd say that if it can't easily be fixed in 4.0, then it should be closed.  If
it can then leave it open until 4.1 is released, as a fix could still go into
another point release (I think we're due at least one more, and quite possibly
two or three - I lose track).

But we should definitely have a way to separate 4.0 and trunk (and then 4.1
when that's released, and so on).

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org