Bug triaging

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Sun May 25 17:18:09 CEST 2008

Hey all,

I've just got through reading the 285 current bugs that are open for plasma.
I'd estimate there to be about 20~30 duplicates, 20~30 crashes without debug
info and about 50 bugs that only apply to 4.0.

I'm planning to go through again to get rid of the dupes and useless crashes,
but what to do with the 4.0 bugs? Should they be closed? Could a new version
be created against the plasma component so that they can be easily closed
after 4.1 is released? Something else I haven't considered?

There's also about 10 system tray wishes that are impossible given the current
tray icon spec. Is it ok to open a "systray wishes made impossible by fdo
spec" bug and dupe them to it?

--
Jason Stubbs