KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/containments/folderview

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Sat May 24 17:45:02 CEST 2008

On Saturday 24 May 2008 14:53, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> SVN commit 812032 by ruphy:
>
> Before we make a contaiment out of it (are we going to make it for 4.1 with the freeze?), and we're able to choose it,
> at least add an option to make folderview's background transparent, so it doesn't hurt your eyes. ;-)
> Not sure about what doing by default, but I guess I'll keep it opaque (as it is now), so people understand that is a
> plasmoid.
>
> ACK'd on review board by logixoul.

Hi Riccardo,

When we discussed this patch on IRC yesterday, I pointed out that:

1) You can't add new UI strings when we're in message freeze.
2) The applet should call setBackgroundHints() in constraintsEvent(),
not init(), and that there's already a commented out call in that function
that disables the default background.

Aaron also said that he preferred it if we solved this problem by making
the applet background translucent in the default theme.

Since you were present and participated in that discussion I don't
understand why you went ahead and committed this patch anyway
without even addressing the technical issues with it.

Regards,
Fredrik