ruler for panel resizing

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Tue May 6 18:47:49 CEST 2008

On Monday 05 May 2008 23:05:43 Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> review board seems to explode right now, so i'm posting here :(
> the humongous patch is here:
> http://www.notmart.org/misc/positionruler.diff
> well, the most part is the svg actually
> it implements a wordprocessor-like ruler, can be seen in this screenshot:
> http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ruleroy2.png
> te white handle moves the panel (resizing as needed)
> the blue one controls the maximum size, the green one the minumum size
> it works pretty well for horizontal panels (even if minimum size and
> maximum sizes aren't saved right now)
> it still doesn't work for vertical panels and still not tested with right
> aligned and centered panels, even if the code is there
> i know the patch is really too big but the widget needed really a big
> amount to stuff to even barely work... comments? ideas? :)

yes, it's something that rocks, but really really needs to be made more
obvious what those triangle do.

that would make this guy have a point else: ;-)
http://blog.cocoia.com/2007/06/18/when-everyone-starts-designing-interfaces/

still, I'm unsure on how to display this. maybe ala youtube? (those
fullscreen/resize buttons?)

thinkthinkthink...

Bye,
-Riccardo