GSoC Idea: better multi-head support

Aike J Sommer dev at aikesommer.name
Fri Mar 21 13:27:15 CET 2008

> > >    The notifier could then offer actions such as: Clone, Presentation,
> > >    Media-Player or Advanced Configuration, which would setup the correct
> > >    mode using XRandR and if applicable load specific Plasma-containments
> > >    or launch the configuration-module.
> >
> > so essentially merging krandrtray with the devices plasmoid? that could be
> > interesting.
>
> At first I thought, "cool". But in fact I'm not so sure. Well, in any case
> that couldn't replace krandrtray IMO (or at least the kcm accompanying it)
> because it has much more features which couldn't be merged in the device
> notifier I think. Now that's probably worth a try (probably in a branch of
> the hotplug engine and the devicenotifier applet).

Actually i had in mind to have a kcm for such settings... Maybe starting off
with that one... The notifier could then provide to open that as one of the
possible actions...
It should also be possible to access that configuration from other means, such
as krandrtray, a special plasmoid or the pager or desktop context menu.

:-)