KColorPicker and other plasmoids

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 22:33:30 CEST 2008

2008/6/19 Pino Toscano <pino at kde.org>:

> Hi,
>
> (please CC me for replies)
>
> > Is it ok to commit ?
>
> No, it is not ok. And the reason is *exactly* what you wrote on the review
> board:

> > Perhaps we have to put this line of code directly in Plasma::PushButton
> > avoid problems with other applets ?
>
> You are solving the problem in the wrong place; fixing kolourpicker will
> *not*
> fix any plasmoid using Plasma::PushButton in situation like this.

No problem for me :). I'm totally agree that problem should be fixed
directly in Plasma::PushButton

> The fact that setMinimumSize() "is needed" to not make the buttons be drawn
> outside the applet (in case it is too small), smells like a Qt bug.

Two problems :
The first one with the KPushButton who have a minimun size Policy :
Plasma::PushButton->nativeWidget()->setSizePolicy(QSizePolicy::Expanding,
QSizePolicy::Expanding);

The second with The QGraphicProxyWidget who contains the KPushButton,
(forgot to mention it on review board) :
Plasma::PushButton->setSizePolicy(expanding, expanding) doesn't sem to work,
dont know if it is normal
and effectively i have to put Plasma::PushButton-> setMinimumSize(0,0);

> Oh, and am I also against the maximum 50px threshold, setting proper size
> policies should work.

i'm afraid that the applet take too much width place in horizontal panel but
it is only a personal opinion ;)

> Furthermore, please leave back the 4px layout margin, otherwise the button
> will be too tight.

are you ok to keep the 4x layout margin in desktop mode and remove it on
panels ?

Cheers