more on CHANGELOG

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jul 20 20:24:32 CEST 2008

hi..

i spent an hour or two last night updating workspace/plasma/design/CHANGELOG

please put all new non-trivial features and significant bug fixes in there; a
signficiant bug fix is a crash fix, a visual glitch fix, a usability improvement,
etc. over the last release (so fixing a bug we introduced in the current devel
branch doesn't count =)

the goal is a couple pages of changes to help us communicate the important
shifts in each release. what we don't want is a commit-by-commit log of our
activities. plasma devel is too active for that.

all changes to krunner, libplasma, plasma and plasma addons in kdebase and
kdeplasma-addons should go into this file.

commit numbers are not needed in the file as many of our features and even bug
fixes span many commits.

bug #s can be useful but are also not, imho, a requirement. (and so i wouldn't
really even bother =)

i don't want a bunch of policy or rules around the CHANGELOG, so lets keep it
easy and freeform =)