plasma corruption

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 16 18:58:22 CEST 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> that bothers me, especially as I can't think why plasma would have such
>> issues.
>
> use of argb visuals, and drivers and toolkits that suck at working in such an
> environment.

I meant, why would it be fine with Qt/Mozilla apps but not others? That
implies there is something special about these apps (or perhaps their
window icons since I don't know what else plasma would be dealing with).
Or do you mean that the gtk app running alongside an argb window does
Bad Things?

>> something like that is the case, it feels like something that could, and
>> should, be worked around.
>
> i'd be happy to see a work around in this case. i'll be pleasantly surprised
> to see one emerge. but in this case it really seems to be driver dependant.

Oh, wouldn't surprise me, nvidia's drivers in general seem to be crap
;-). I'd really like to know, given that this falls under very and
consistently reproducible, if anyone else can reproduce it. The basic
variables are f9-i686 + nvidia blob drivers.

--
Matthew
I don't see what C++ has to do with keeping people from shooting