Plugins: Use Qt plugin art. or XML?

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 08:07:00 CEST 2008

On July 13, 2008 20:28:51 Kelly Miller wrote:
> As I believe I've mentioned before, I'm working on a plasmoid for
> integration with various media players.  I'm asking, would it be a better
> idea to use the Qt plugin system to add new media player interfaces, or
> some sort of XML file system?  I believe the latter is easier to make, but
> the former is more flexible and keeps the player-specific DBus stuff out of
> the man code base...

I'm not sure... what exactly would such plugins do? what sort of integration
do you mean?

I'd imagine that, if it were done the Plasma Way, there would be a dataengine
for each media player (or maybe just one for those that have that standard
dbus interface I vaguely remember hearding of?), and then either one or
several applets providing the UI... could you use essentially the same UI for
any media player, or would they all have to be different?

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com