RFC: wallpaper and containment handling in 4.2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 18:06:43 CEST 2008

On Saturday 12 July 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> On Saturday 12 July 2008 00:58:50 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > * the "desktop settings" dialog from DefaultDesktop will move into the
> > plasma binary for the time being. this will provide the separation needed
> > to make it more generic. it does not belong in Containment or any of its
> > subclasses because it will be used to swap between Containment plugins
> >
> > * the settings dialog will be provided by the View (DesktopView,
> > PanelView, etc)
>
> Not exactly belongs to this thread but one thing that I have found a bit
> confusing is that Desktop context menu -> Desktop Settings... and System
> settings -> Desktop configure different things.
indeed,
the problem is that if desktop settings would be in systemsettings, what
containment would it configure? the active one?
would it be possible to make a kcm that lists all desktop containments and
permits to configure desktops individually?
would be more or less confusing?
hmm, boooh :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin