kickoff fusion idea and mockup

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 18:56:16 CEST 2008

Hum

Sorry, but with all the respect and the love that i have for KDE and the
people behind this great Desktop, i have to be honnest with this and to said
that kickoff is at *my* user point of view the least usable things than i
have ever seen in user interface...

When a new user want to discover apps installed on the computer he have to
do a looooot of click and mouse move, not sure than this is compatible with
any usability principle...

Same problem when a user want to reach an apps in the applications stuff

   - 3 clicks and one mouse move in the better case
   - 3 clicks ans some nasty/horrible mouse clicking/movement with the
   scrollbar if the apps is at the bottom of one sub-menu
   - 5 clicks etc if the user select the wrong sub-menu...

For me the applications part of kickoff is just *totally not* usable and is
not at the level of quality than the rest of kde 4.

Cheers