kickoff fusion idea and mockup

Florian Busson florian.busson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 18:04:44 CEST 2008

> personally, i'm concerned it will, like many chimeras, feel awkward: the
> head
> of one animal and the body of the other.

I realize you're right indeed , it can't be approached this way.
A more concistent way is to come closer with the gnome menu : no size
constraint on tabs, it should depend on the content. But it has problaby
been also suggested :/

> but a patch would settle that once and for all.

Sorry to still not help you much, but i've just some more screenshots about
how kickoff could be in the 'gnome way' for displaying cascaded apps :

Favorites : http://pix.nofrag.com/b/4/4/304cc54d252ca3fb6ca6aec5475f7.html
Applications :
http://pix.nofrag.com/8/8/e/500134c40dbc9ef65a3c4ecc4ae45.html
Computer : http://pix.nofrag.com/5/6/4/e252d2d1f6d1abe342f6bdcb20cd4.html