kickoff fusion idea and mockup

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 10 18:55:03 CEST 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008, Florian Busson wrote:
> I don't know if this idea has ever been discussed, but i think it could be
> interesting to
> mix the kickoff menu with its alternative, the simple menu, in the
> applications tab.

others have suggested this. better than a suggestion would be a patch for us
to try out, because it's really hard to know how this would feel without
actually trying it out in action.it doesn't even have to be a pretty patch,
just one that allows us to get a feel for the idea in practice.

personally, i'm concerned it will, like many chimeras, feel awkward: the head
of one animal and the body of the other.

but a patch would settle that once and for all.

> In fact, i like kickoff, but i'm often lost while browsing the applications
> tab, with several
> forwards and backwards actions.

perhaps further improving the breadcrumbs in that page would also help.