making kickoff have full-width selection rects (on hover)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Feb 28 09:51:13 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 15:26:35 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Also, does no one else care, have an option, have a preference, or think
> this is an issue?  So far this has been a discussion between three people,
> a developer, and artist, and a designer (that sounds like the beginning of
> a bad bar joke).

If I understand this long discussion well, a patch like this has been
committed, at least in my yesterday's build, the selections in kickoff are
full-width.

I do like it this way, although the icon looks a bit crammed into it now. The
items *feel* easier to hit for me, earlier I could selected an icon by
hovering over whitespace next to it, so the selection feels disconnected from
the position of the mouse.

In the Applications tab, the arrows now have a clear connection to their
respective items, which I think is good. One thing I would like to see is the
arrows being centred horizontally, but that's a minor issue.
--
sebas