making kickoff have full-width selection rects (on hover)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 17:28:52 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 February 2008 08:04:55 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > the rest of the space is not informationally interesting. so ... why
> > highlight it? especially with an eye catching ocean of colour?
>
> If this is true then that arrow on the right side (that tells you if there
> is information below that level) is screen junk and should be removed.  I

there is value to it, it's just not the sort of thing that is of primary
selection importance.

> However, I think that arrow is an important piece of information that let
> users know the difference between executable applications and application
> sub folders, especially since applications tend to have a generic name

correct.

i still don't consider it to be important enough to:

a) higlight
b) esp if that means also higlighting all that space in between.

Chani's idea about something less ostentatious might work ... would have to
see, though...

> So far this has been a discussion between three people,
> a developer, and artist, and a designer

wait. which one am i again? =P

> (that sounds like the beginning of a bad bar joke).

or a good one. at least, if one of them is also a rabbi. or something like
that. i always get my jokes confused ;)