KWin and plasma's colorscheme

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 14:57:07 CET 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 14:45:34 Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > In any case, what would be a nice way to make KWin and plasma blend in
> > more nicely? Or would the attached patch even be acceptable?
>
>  I can't say I'd like very much the idea of making KWin link libplasma, but
> that's not the reason why I don't like this. The reason is that I don't see
> why it should stop using the standard way to get colors and instead use a
> Plasma-specific replacement. And, if this patch went in, would that mean
> that other "random" places would have to be patched this way too?

If I understand your concerns correctly, you're not convinced that (some parts
of) KWin should use plasma colors?

My gut feeling is that the 'desktop' is made out of a couple of components,
i.e. 'those that are not windows': panel, desktop-space (what kdesktop did,
basically) and window manager. So basically the things that are not apps but
visible to the user. For example, the boxswitch of the window manager is very
much like the pager, or the taskbar... Grouping them visually makes sense to
me, this is done by using the Plasma colorscheme

So that's (apps) vs. (workspace without apps), basically.

Does this make more sense? :-)
--
sebas