KWin and plasma's colorscheme

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Feb 5 14:45:34 CET 2008

On Monday 04 of February 2008, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> I've toyed around with Plasma's colors and KWin's boxswitch and made KWin's
> boxswitch using Plasma colors so that it blends in more nicely with the
> rest of those "elements of the desktop". The boxswitch would be one of
> those things, see screenshot for what I'm talking about.
>
> Now I suspect that Lubos doesn't take prisoners, so I'm fully prepared for
> hell to break loose. (I mainly fear that linking in plasma stuff gets me
> some 'gimme some of that crack you seem to be smoking', but then I'm too
> green to know better.)
>
> In any case, what would be a nice way to make KWin and plasma blend in more
> nicely? Or would the attached patch even be acceptable?

 I can't say I'd like very much the idea of making KWin link libplasma, but
that's not the reason why I don't like this. The reason is that I don't see
why it should stop using the standard way to get colors and instead use a
Plasma-specific replacement. And, if this patch went in, would that mean that
other "random" places would have to be patched this way too?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz