Focus handling

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 10:58:29 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 11:03:01 Chani wrote:
> why this is happening:
> the panel view refuses to get focus so that you can do stuff like clicking
> on the taskbar without your window losing focus. the desktop view does no
> such thing.

So I guess one applet on a desktop cannot refuse accepting focus?

> this is gonna make keyboard shortcuts iiinteresting, I bet :P
> so, I'd suggest not relying on the window keeping focus. maybe you can find
> some other way to do this? maybe it could just copy them and let the user
> paste?

Personally I think it's much less usable if user has to paste it. It could be
like this when it's on a desktop and it propably should be configurable,
there is also some window parameters in XSendEvent if I get last focused
window somewhere... Well I have to examine these possibilities.

Petri