Focus handling

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 10:03:01 CEST 2008

On April 27, 2008 23:51:31 Petri Damstén wrote:
> On Sunday 27 April 2008 23:05:58 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 April 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > > shows just the dialog. When selecting text from there
> >
> > "from there" == "from the applet on the desktop"?
>
> Yes, it's Plasma::Dialog sitting on the desktop.
>
> > > it moves focus to
> > > desktop(?) and text is not pasted to right place.
> >
> > where is it pasted to exactly?
>
> The idea I had is similar to text snippets in kdevelop/kate but for any
> application so it tries to paste to a application that has a focus. It does
> this by copying text to clipboard and then sending Ctrl+V using XKeyEvent.
> Not bullet proof but works for most of the apps (had similar shell script
> thingie in the past called from K-menu).
>
> Petri

why this is happening:
the panel view refuses to get focus so that you can do stuff like clicking on
the taskbar without your window losing focus. the desktop view does no such
thing.

this is gonna make keyboard shortcuts iiinteresting, I bet :P
so, I'd suggest not relying on the window keeping focus. maybe you can find
some other way to do this? maybe it could just copy them and let the user
paste?

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com