Focus handling

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:51:31 CEST 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 23:05:58 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 27 April 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > shows just the dialog. When selecting text from there
>
> "from there" == "from the applet on the desktop"?

Yes, it's Plasma::Dialog sitting on the desktop.

> > it moves focus to
> > desktop(?) and text is not pasted to right place.
>
> where is it pasted to exactly?

The idea I had is similar to text snippets in kdevelop/kate but for any
application so it tries to paste to a application that has a focus. It does
this by copying text to clipboard and then sending Ctrl+V using XKeyEvent.
Not bullet proof but works for most of the apps (had similar shell script
thingie in the past called from K-menu).

Petri