[Panel-devel] reordering of applets

Cédric cedric.borgese at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:43:43 CEST 2007

I wrote (and attach) a little patch to fix something that really annoy me
with applets, its the ordering and which applet is on top of which other.

The patch is not yet (adn far from being) perfect, so I  need some review
for it.

My main concerns with the code currently are :

- My english is REALLY bad, so don't hesitate to change method, variable
names and comments.
- I couldn't find a constant for min and max values of qreal, I use 10000
and -10000 for now.
- For moveUp and moveDown methods, I guess if it would be better to invert
the zValue of twice applets instead of simply increase the zValue of one of
them.
the benefit could be a nice animation when inverting the order of two
applets, but the change implies a binary and source incompatible change in
my patch (moveUp/Down will become non const)