[Panel-devel] reordering of applets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Sep 22 21:23:44 CEST 2007

On Friday 21 September 2007, Cédric wrote:
> I wrote (and attach) a little patch to fix something that really annoy me
> with applets, its the ordering and which applet is on top of which other.

i'm not keen on the user having to manually position things; perhaps we should
just raise the currently selected applet above all others? this would give
us, essentially, 4 z-order values:

Object Type  |  Possible value
Containment   -1000
Background    -500
Active applet   1000
Other aplpets  0

thoughts?

(oh, also, you should be checking for the Containment's immutable status
rather than the Corona; though in this case, i don't think we need to care
about immutability in the first place =)