[Panel-devel] kickoff delegate painting

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:05:53 CET 2007

Hi Aaron,

I quite agree on the need to work on Kickoff's presentation.  My
current plan with respect to the delegate is to try Dolphin's item
drawing style.

However, as I discussed with you previously, I found the "bold text on
mouse over" effect to be unusable.  Frederick echoed this view as
well.  The current drawing is "safe" (in the sense that it is known to
be usable by everyone) if not beautiful.

> particularly when the rest of it is pretty nice at this point...

There I disagree.  The panel background is still my poor programmer
art which I knocked up on what was my first venture into inkscape.
Even within Kickoff there are much more important things to sort out
as far as the presentation is concerned, such as the tab style
(including a clearer differentiation between the current tab and the
others) and the background - especially the edges of the launcher
widget, as you mentioned.  The launcher button is currently just the
KDE logo, I'm sure there must be something better that can be done
there.

For that, what I would like to happen is for artistically inclined
people to create mockups and hopefully if good ideas come up I can
implement them.

Regards,
Robert.