[Panel-devel] Solid Notifier future

Alexis Ménard darktears31 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:32:15 CEST 2007

hello,

2007/10/22, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> On Sunday 21 October 2007, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> > Name is New Device Notifier
> >
> > 5)Add a config ui to configure how long the notifier is show
>
> hmm... i bet we can avoid this with the right sort of interface. i almost
> wonder if this might not be a candidate for integrating with the toolbox,
> or
> providing that notification area we've long talked about where one can get
> more consistent / permanent access to short announcements and jobs that
> should probably live movstly in the background unless the user really
> cares
> about them.

ok, but i think for the user the display time is interessting. Some users
are not fast with the mouse (no i don't think about my father ;)). A
notification area is a best solution i think to display this
applet.Infuture we can add applet in this area for many things...

> So with functionnality point of view this applet work and we must improve
> > it with a better design and better animation. I hope community will give
> me
> > an opinion.
>
> i'd be happy to work with you on the animation; we'll also want to add it
> the default initial setup.

no problem for sure, i think we should add more frame and slow down when the
plasmoid is near it's final position.

> Should i move it into better place than playground?
>
> yes, please move it to kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/, let's try and
> meet
> up this week sometime on irc and work out the remaining issues directly.

moved this morning.  No problem to see this week on IRC. I will ping you.