[Panel-devel] Solid Notifier future

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 22 02:27:43 CEST 2007

On Sunday 21 October 2007, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> Name is New Device Notifier
>
> 5)Add a config ui to configure how long the notifier is show

hmm... i bet we can avoid this with the right sort of interface. i almost
wonder if this might not be a candidate for integrating with the toolbox, or
providing that notification area we've long talked about where one can get
more consistent / permanent access to short announcements and jobs that
should probably live movstly in the background unless the user really cares
about them.

> So with functionnality point of view this applet work and we must improve
> it with a better design and better animation. I hope community will give me
> an opinion.

i'd be happy to work with you on the animation; we'll also want to add it to
the default initial setup.

> Should i move it into better place than playground?

yes, please move it to kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/, let's try and meet
up this week sometime on irc and work out the remaining issues directly.