[Panel-devel] Applet browser enhancements for SuperKaramba

Alexander Wiedenbruch wirr01 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:44:16 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

as you may know, till some time we have a Plasma Applet for SuperKaramba that
allows to use SuperKaramba themes in Plasma and also allows to use Plasma
engines in SK themes.

Opening SK themes was implemented by a classic "file open dialog", which is
fine for themes that the user downloaded on his/her own, but failed on themes
downloaded by KNS2. Also Aaron wanted to have some deeper integration between
Plasma and SK.

So here is a patch that enhances the applet browser and the skapplet.

What I did:
- Moved AbstractItem into own files and install them
- Created PlasmaItem with AbstractItem as base class to add pluginName() and
arguments()
- Added a check for "skapplet" and add some code to load the skapplet as
library to get the installed themes

Please consider the patches as proof-of-concept. I'd like to hear your
comments.

Bye
Alex