[Panel-devel] more questions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Oct 6 01:17:30 CEST 2007

On Friday 05 October 2007, Chani wrote:
> On October 5, 2007 03:09:44 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > >
> > > that reminds me: zooming is iirc the only thing that I still need the
> > > box in the corner for. should zoom in&out get added to the desktop menu
> > > or something, so that we can ditch that box? :)
> >
> > it doesn't need to be added to the desktop menu at this point; we can
> > ditch the box even now, really.
>
> why doesn't it need to be added? :)

because i have another home for it...

> hey, uh, I see that both libs/plasma have an appletbrowser folder. why?
> what's different about the playground one?

nothing; the playground one is the source of the one in libplasma =)

> btw, what do you think about moving the pager applet into kdebase? it
> appears to work fine when I add it to the panel, and it's a fairly standard
> thing for a panel to have.

there are lots of things that need to be moved out of playground, as per our
meeting about a month ago now.. i'll do the moves this weekend as no one else
seems to have taken it upon themselves to do so ;)

> also, I'm seeing some applets that used to work fine on the desktop that
> now don't get drawn properly, and their border suggests that they've been
> created with a ridiculously small size. haven't investigated that. also
> haven't investigated why the only digital clock I can get working is the
> one that's originally created with the panel. I have a feeling the clock
> issues are related to libs monday.

yeah, there are a few new bugs that have crept in. i will likely spend a good
amount of time this weekend bug hunting. feel free to join me on irc over the
weekend for fun =)