[Panel-devel] more questions

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:45:54 CEST 2007

On October 5, 2007 03:09:44 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007, Chani wrote:
> > On October 5, 2007 01:22:02 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > On Thursday 04 October 2007, Chani wrote:
> >
> > so do we want the panel's menu to be the same as the desktop one, or have
> > more stuff or less?
>
> it should probably be similar. i haven't sat down and really determined the
> exact entries, however; would be a fairly easy task to pick up though for
> anyone who would like to.

easy except for the weird issue I had not being able to get cmake to generate
the files in containment/panel that it happily generated in
containment/desktop... I suspect there was something obvious I failed to do,
but I'm not seeing it.

> > > correct; the desktop view needs to zoom out but stay anchored on (0,0)
> > > so that panels don't show up. the zooming hasn't been updated to
> > > reflect the change to Containment
> >
> > that reminds me: zooming is iirc the only thing that I still need the box
> > in the corner for. should zoom in&out get added to the desktop menu or
> > something, so that we can ditch that box? :)
>
> it doesn't need to be added to the desktop menu at this point; we can ditch
> the box even now, really.

why doesn't it need to be added? :)

hey, uh, I see that both libs/plasma have an appletbrowser folder. why? what's
different about the playground one?

btw, what do you think about moving the pager applet into kdebase? it appears
to work fine when I add it to the panel, and it's a fairly standard thing for
a panel to have.

also, I'm seeing some applets that used to work fine on the desktop that now
don't get drawn properly, and their border suggests that they've been created
with a ridiculously small size. haven't investigated that. also haven't
investigated why the only digital clock I can get working is the one that's
originally created with the panel. I have a feeling the clock issues are
related to libs monday.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com