[Panel-devel] more questions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 4 19:22:02 CEST 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007, Chani wrote:
> now that the right-click menu only shows up on the desktop,

it needs to be added to the panel as well, though... this probably means some
re-org of where/how the AppletBrowser itself is managed; at least now it
isn't in libplasma, that's step one.

> that means that
> the applet browser needs to be able to add to any containment (not just the
> one it belongs to), right?

yes, and it should be able to do so already.

> oh, and what about adding a 'remove this applet'
> button so that badly-behaved apps can be killed off?

well, you can always right click for that, but yes .. this is one of the
buttons that is supposed to be on the hover interface. Adam Treat was (is,
hopefully?) working on this.

> when the desktop is zoomed out, the panel appears both fullsize and on the
> zoomed-out desktop. it should only appear full-size, right?

correct; the desktop view needs to zoom out but stay anchored on (0,0) so that
panels don't show up. the zooming hasn't been updated to reflect the change
to Containment

> does anyone know why the systray appears in the wrong place when it's on
> the panel? or why the taskbar doesn't properly show up until I add or
> remove an applet from the panel?

no; needs to be investigated.

> I see karamba stuff in corona; shouldn't that be somewhere else, like in
> the desktop containment?

probably, yes. i just haven't gotten around to touching any of the SK support
stuff recently.