[Panel-devel] more questions

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 19:37:25 CEST 2007

On October 5, 2007 01:22:02 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2007, Chani wrote:
> > now that the right-click menu only shows up on the desktop,
>
> it needs to be added to the panel as well, though... this probably means
> some re-org of where/how the AppletBrowser itself is managed; at least now
> it isn't in libplasma, that's step one.

earlier I tried to add the 'run command' entry to the panel menu via lots of
copy&paste, but ran into a problem where the files being generated in the
desktop folder just wouldn't get generated in the panel folder. I'd copied
the stuff in CMakeLists.txt, but it just wouldn't work. any idea what could
cause such weirdness?

so do we want the panel's menu to be the same as the desktop one, or have more
stuff or less?

> > that means that
> > the applet browser needs to be able to add to any containment (not just
> > the one it belongs to), right?
>
> yes, and it should be able to do so already.

I'll check again in the morning, but I didn't think it could.

> correct; the desktop view needs to zoom out but stay anchored on (0,0) so
> that panels don't show up. the zooming hasn't been updated to reflect the
> change to Containment

that reminds me: zooming is iirc the only thing that I still need the box in
the corner for. should zoom in&out get added to the desktop menu or
something, so that we can ditch that box? :)

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com