[Panel-devel] Xinerama: plasma only works on 1rst screen, copies part on 2nd one

Frederic Marmond fmdp at free.fr
Sun Nov 25 22:05:46 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm new in the list (annma told me to have a look at it) and I plan to use few
nights per week for KDE from now.

This is what I've got on my laptop + external monitor, on a nvidia system
(static twinview), with lastest svn stuff:

The plasma container's size is only the size of the first screen when in dual
screen mode. Window manager works just fine on both screens, but plasma
copies part of 1rst screen to part of the 2nd one, on white background.
(nvidia twienview with xinerama).
See screenshots here: http://fmarmond.free.fr/kde4/ .
First screen is 1440x900, second is 1280x1024, 24bpp.

All plasma stuff that is displayed on the 2nd screen is exactly what is on the
corresponding rectangle on the 1rst screen. I mean, I see applets twice, (i'm
not currently drunk), identicaly (if I put the mouse on it on 1rst screen, i
see the transparent border appearing on both screens).
Along that visual effect, windows behavior is correct.

Exactly the same with or without 'desktop effects'.

I'll try to find something in the code tonight, but as it's new code for me,
any pointer/help will be greatly appreciated (i'm ZeBarbu on irc, on #plasma
for exemple).

cheers

Fred