[Panel-devel] Plasma and the window manager (Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/plasma)

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:13:38 CET 2007

On November 23, 2007 17:23:10 Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2007 02:19:17 Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > I've got it pretty much working but still need to do some cleanups. But
> > bed is calling so I'll send a patch tomorrow.
>
> No, I didn't sleep that long. :P
>
> The patch is attached. I ended up cleaning up and/or simplifying more than
> is necessary for reparenting, but it should still be fairly easy to follow.
> There's current three issues that I know of:

you removed a comment from the code for no apparent reason, and your own code
has ZERO comments.
please, please, comment your code. uncommented code makes baby jesus cry.

as for the code itself, I'm not sure, because I'm too tired to follow
uncommented code - but several things look kinda suspicious, and some stuff
is removed that maybe shouldn't be... for one thing, don't assume that you're
going to get a clientClosed() signal. iirc, sometimes systray icons go away
without bothering to tell the systray (scim was one, I think).

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com