[Panel-devel] Plasma and the window manager (Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/plasma)

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:23:10 CET 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007 02:19:17 Jason Stubbs wrote:
> I've got it pretty much working but still need to do some cleanups. But bed
> is calling so I'll send a patch tomorrow.

No, I didn't sleep that long. :P

The patch is attached. I ended up cleaning up and/or simplifying more than is
necessary for reparenting, but it should still be fairly easy to follow.
There's current three issues that I know of:

- Qt::transparent doesn't seem to work with QX11EmbedContainer even when
  parented so it's hardcoded to Qt::black
- There's flickering between the time that the container is created and the
  tray icon is embedded
- Right-clicking on the space above or below an icon will still bring up the
  context menu

Finally, there's a updateGeometry() after resize() in updateSize() that I
don't think is strictly needed. Without it, however, the item's size would
change but its position wouldn't.

--
Jason Stubbs