[Panel-devel] Plasma and the window manager (Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/plasma)

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:58:31 CET 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007 19:13:38 Chani wrote:
> On November 23, 2007 17:23:10 Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > The patch is attached. I ended up cleaning up and/or simplifying more
> > than is necessary for reparenting, but it should still be fairly easy to
> > follow. There's current three issues that I know of:
>
> you removed a comment from the code for no apparent reason, and your own
> code has ZERO comments.
> please, please, comment your code. uncommented code makes baby jesus cry.

I'm more of the school that unreadable code make baby jesus cry. But I guess
my code wasn't readable enough, so I've gone through and commented everything
though. :)

> as for the code itself, I'm not sure, because I'm too tired to follow
> uncommented code - but several things look kinda suspicious, and some stuff
> is removed that maybe shouldn't be... for one thing, don't assume that
> you're going to get a clientClosed() signal. iirc, sometimes systray icons
> go away without bothering to tell the systray (scim was one, I think).

That was the only thing I wasn't sure would be safe to remove given the
comment that was previously there. However, testing `kill -9 $(pidof kmix)`
worked fine so I think it should be safe. Even with the current code, the
icon is going to hang around at least until something else causes a
clientClosed() so it's an issue either way.

--
Jason Stubbs