[Panel-devel] Porting KMixPanelApplet (Was: Re: Javascript Plasmoids)

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 01:05:50 CET 2007

Am Dienstag, 20. November 2007 schrieb Alex Merry:
> Until Qt 4.4, you can't just put QWidgets on a QGraphicsScene, ie: you
> can't add "normal" widgets to a plasmoid.
>
> There are a number of Plasma widgets in libplasma that you _can_ add to
> a plasmoid, among them Plasma::PushButton [0] and Plasma::Label [1],
> which I'd guess would be the main ones you'd need.

Does this mean that one cannot have a Slider in a Plasma::Applet ?
I tried to conclude this from http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdebase-apidocs/workspace/libs/plasma/html/classPlasma_1_1Widget.html .

My personal impression is that I then should postpone the KMixPanelApplet.
Alex, do you know how it works in Qt 4.4? Can one use arbitrary/own QWdigets? Will they be limited, or can you have context menus, tooltips, mouse events and everything else that QWidget provides?

    Christian